40th Anniversary

Today is my parent's 40th Wedding Anniversary, and last night we had the honor of celebrating the milestone with family and friends. Above are the invitations that are stamped and embellished. The base paper is a dark chocolate cardstock, the ruby layer is a cardstock that has flourishes in it, tone on tone. I printed the invitation with chocolate computer ink and then stamped the flourish by Magenta with Tim Holtz's Fired Brick Distress Ink. The image was stamped off once to tone down the intense color. SU!'s Photo Corner punch, some embossed flowers (BRIDES/Micheals), and some vintage ribbon finish it off.



The inside of the invitation is lined with the ruby cardstock (Archiver's) and the chocolate cardstock that has the flourish stamped on it tone on tone. I printed the menu/rsvp options on cardstock and then die cut it with SU!'s Top Note Die. In the pockets I was able to tuck in the map and a copy of their wedding photo.

For place cards/party favors I made these one sheet boxes for each of the guests. The cardstock I used was SU!'s Sahara Sand. I stamped a flourish by Printworks in white Memories ink before folding them up. I used Martha Stewarts' doily lace punch for the lace topper. I faux stitched Cloud9's Luster Snowflakes in Dark Red over the lace. I employed my hubby and his drill to punch the holes through the MANY layers and the boxes are tied shut with the sheer ribbons, red for the ladies and black for the gents. For the names I stamped the flourishes in white on the Sahara Sand cardstock and printed them on the computer. I stamped BasicGrey's Journal Block stamp over them, colored the the inside edge with Copic's YG91 marker and edged them with Art Institute's Cranberry Glitter. The snowflake punch is by Martha Stewart and the red sparkle dot heart sticker is by Stampendous!

And last but not least here is the happy couple. My mom will probably kill me for this, but I'm so happy to have parents that have been such a great example in marriage and in life. We love you and wish you many more!

And....if you are up for a fun batch of BLOG CANDY....check this offering out from SUZY!

Comments

retiredheather said…
Hope this isn`t a repeat. Happy Anniversary to your Parents. I adore the work you created in their honor. The invitations are absolutely wonderful...so much detail and beauty. The placecards are also wonderful.
Happy Holidays
Heather
Michelle, your bags turned out lovely as well as the invites! Love the picture of your parents too. Ü
Catherine said…
How awesome! Congrats to them on their 40th! I love how you included the old photo - brilliant!
Darla said…
Congrats to your mom and dad! 40 years is something to celebrate for sure!! What nice way to recognize them too! Your creativeness and stamping is gorgeous!
Jacqueline said…
Everything looks very stylish here, you did a wonderful job - love the bags!
Anonymous said…
What a lot of work went into creating the invitations and the little bags.

Just love the little bags - the punched topper certainly makes them something special.

TFS

Sally

Popular Posts