Glitter Painting with Scrap Happy Glue!


Hello There!  Today I have a glittery card for The Rubber Cafe to share with you using one technique I've done before, stamping with glitter and one that I have tried for the first time with Scrap Happy Glue which I don't know what to call, so I went with glitter painting!

For my background, I stamped the Wood Grain background stamp using the Scrap Happy Glue and then after it had dried for a bit, I covered it with You're So Fine Passion Pink Glitter.  This makes for a gorgeous glittery background.  I want to try this again on patterned paper, I'm sure it will be gorgeous!

For the main image, I stamped the Grater Floral image and colored it with the following Copic Markers:
E49, E43, E42,YG67, YG17, R89, R85, R83, R81, V06, V04, W5, W3.

Usually when I've done this technique in the past, I've used a Xyron sticker machine, but it always irks me a bit to use all of that adhesive.  So....instead I had the dandy idea to use Scrap Happy Glue!  The glue is a bit thicker than I wanted for a light coating, so I thinned it with water and painted my entire image with the thinned glue and let it dry slightly.  Next I rubbed on the You're So Fine Clear Cool Highlight Glitter and buffed it to a shine.  You get a gorgeous glittery image for a FRACTION of the price!  Lots of Glitz for your money!

I added a touch of paper embroidery to my card as well using the Spellbinders On The Fence set.  I used the strip die and pierced the holes.  A bit of metallic floss and you can add a fun finishing touch!

Hope I've inspired you to try something new today!

Comments

Imke said…
Wow, i love all the glitter on it !! G
Love this Michelle -I can see the gleam on the image panel and it looks stunning.
Blessings
Maxine
Anonymous said…
I like that image & the glitter-neat!
lovely card, love the glitter!!!
Paula
Unknown said…
Love all the sparkle! ;o)

Popular Posts