Inky Antics Blog Hop ~ Holiday Card Pouch

This is my second post today, so be sure to scroll down for more inspiration!

Welcome to Inky Antic’s Homemade Holiday Gifts Blog Hop!  You are in the right place if you've hopped here from Trudy's blog.  If not, be sure to start at the beginning of the hop to get some Homemade Holiday Gift ideas!
I used Penguin's Pal HoneyPop Clear set, Ornament Birdy Honey Pop Clear Set and a peppermint candy stamp from the Candy Cane Reindeer Clear set to create this project, which you can find on this page: http://www.inkyantics.com/november2011hop.htm


I chose to make the Card Pouch that is found in the tutorial section of SplitcoastStampers.


Supplies/Cost:

1 sheet of 12x12 paper (minimal)
2 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 paper (minimal)
Scor Tape (minimal)
1 embossing folder (approx $5)
1 punch for the handle (or cut with a knife - FREE)
1 package of Candi ($3.99 gives you about 400 embellishments - or use a hole punch FREE)
4 white envelopes (minimal)
3 sheets of white cardstock (minimal)
1 length of ribbon (minimal)
1 bit of Honey Comb Pad for tree ($5.95 for a whole pad)
pearl glitter (minimal)
Nail Heads ($2.99)
1 edge punch (approx $15 ~ or use decorative scissors for less cost)

Total: $32.93  however you will have an embossing folder and punch to keep for yourself!

Adjusted Total: $12.93  however you will have plenty of Candi and Honeycomb pads left for additional projects!

ReAdjusted Adjusted Total: $2.99 for the nailheads which you could omit!

So now you see how I justify, justify, justify!  The cost is minimal if you look at it my way!


These are the four adorable cards that are 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches.  I made coordinating envelopes using another SCS tutorial.

My envelope flaps are stamped tone on tone with the ornament stamps.  I colored parts of the images with white color pencil and then erased for a subtle white accent. 

Other details you may not have noticed: 
*There is a tiny strip of glitter along the scalloped pieces as well as the narrow border on the envelope...a very fun and inexpensive touch!
*The candy pieces are stamped in red ink and then coated with a glassy glaze/crystal effects so they shine!
*Faux stitching on the candy panels to frame them.
*Penguin images popped up on foam tape.
*I used an embossing folder to decorate my pouch...once purchased, cheaper than buying designer paper!
The blog hop starts today and ends on Sunday, November 20th at midnight Central time. Please visit each DT members’ blog to view their projects and leave a comment for each designer. The more you comment, the better your chances are to win. (Limit one comment per blog, please). Two people’s names will be drawn at random to receive a surprise Inky prize pack. The winners’ names will be announced on the Inky Antics blog next Monday, so remember to stop back and see if you’ve won!

Your next stop will be Jovi’s blog.  Enjoy!
Copic Markers: W7, W5, W3, W1, W0, R89, R29, B00, YG67, YG17, Y38

Comments

Dee in N.H. said…
ROTFL, we are sisters on the justify part! Love your card set! Cute penguin! love the colors!
Susie said…
Cute, cute, CUTE!!! I'm CASing this idea. Great gift. Love your cards. Thanks for the link to Splitcoaststampers.
great gift and I love your adjustments! Ü
stamping sue said…
really like your project. i'm always on the look out for ways to give cards as gifts.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/
Unknown said…
Stunning gift ideas! Your justifications cracked me up! Sounds like some of my conversations with hubby about some of my purchases! :)

Hugs,
True :D
Jackie Wamhoff said…
What a fantastic gift...and all for only a few dollars in the end. ;-) Love this idea and the great details, Michelle!
Great gift idea Michelle! I love that happy cheery image you chose too!
Rebekah said…
Oh WOW and double WOW! Love those sweet little cards!
Tina said…
Oh my goodness ... you have given me several ideas! And now I have to have that penquin set too ... love your blog. You are going to be added to my reader!
Lillian Child said…
What an adorable penguin image! And fabulous projects! Thanks so much for sharing with us!
Unknown said…
Great gift idea Michelle! That penguin stamp is adorable!
Michelle what a wonderful gift set, I love those little penguin cards and the pouch with the pretty decorations you added to the tree.
Bev Gerard said…
Wowwww, Michelle!
This is rich with holiday wonder and packed with crafty love! It's sure to be requested time & time again!

~Bev
Cathie said…
Beautiful! I love this
fabulous project - just love those colours Michelle, oh, and your justifications too.
I 'make' nail heads by punching out tiny circles and after adhering them to the card I put some dimensional glue on them!!
Blessings
Maxine
Terry Duncan said…
Great gift idea and I just love the penguin! You sound like me with your "justifications"...I do it all the time! Terry
Sherry Kushibab said…
You and I justify the same way, and of course there is plenty left for more projects....darling card holder and card set...and tone on tone envelopes, way to go.
chaun said…
How cool is that!?
Becky Dunham said…
These cards are adorable Michelle! I am heading over to check out that tutorial as soon as I finish hopping :) This looks like it could be quite a frugal gift if you justify it well enough LOL! And once you have all the supplies, you could make tons of these very frugally - see I can justify too!

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com
LaNell said…
Cutest card set ever. I am crazy about the colors. Thanks for sharing.
Marie said…
Great gift idea for that 'special someone'. Lovely works of art.
Barb said…
I absolutely love your project. It truly makes a wonderful gift. I really enjoyed the way that you calculated the cost.
Sue from Oregon said…
Such a darling image and a great gift!
Unknown said…
Love your card set! The holder is absolutely adorable! TFS! ;o)

Popular Posts